What We Do
Give terminal cancer patients access to HEATT®.
Through the expansion of our nonprofit foundation, the cancer research team will focus on innovative treatments, such as HEATT®, in partnership with Verthermia Acquisition, Inc.®
What is HEATT®?
HEATT® (Hyperthermic Extracorporeal Applied Tumor Therapy) is a patented, whole-body hyperthermic therapy that is intended to extend and maintain quality of life in end-stage cancer patients. The HEATT® process exploits the cancer cell, the tumor, the tumor’s environment, and the metastasizing cancer cell’s travels via the blood stream. Through its decades of research, Verthermia® has developed this therapy to raise the patient’s whole-body temperature to 42° Celsius, while keeping the blood flow moving throughout the body.
The Verthermia® team has studied this approach to whole-body hyperthermia in two FDA Phase-1 clinical trials with patients suffering from stage IV lung and ovarian cancers. The HEATT® process changes the cell structure of cancer cells, enhances the body’s attack on cancer cells even after the therapy is completed, and has been used in combination with chemotherapy.
While under anesthesia, the patient is placed under a clinically induced high fever for a sustained period of time. This exposure to heat over a long period of time damages or destroys the tumors. During the procedure, the patients’ body functions are closely monitored to ensure that the body systems are functioning properly while exposed to heat. After the tumors are damaged or destroyed, HEATT® removes the toxic byproducts resulting from the procedure.
Key Features of HEATT®
- Treat a patient’s entire body with consistent, controlled, therapeutic heating of the blood
- Disrupt and exploit solid tumors at primary and metastasized tumor sites
- Damage or destroy cancer cells in a 4 to 5-hour procedure
- Detoxify blood and restore normalized blood chemistry
- Monitor patient’s body functions closely while keeping blood flowing throughout the body
- Enhance the body’s immune response
How to Access HEATT®
Donors who give to The Verthermia Foundation provide this life-changing therapy to those who need financial assistance.
To be considered for a grant, the patient must:
- Have a diagnosis of cancer that is terminal.
- Have exhausted all other cancer treatment options.
- Demonstrate a need for financial aid.
If you or someone you love is facing end-stage cancer and would like to be considered for a grant, please email our foundation contact at email@example.com to share your, or their, cancer story with us.